Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Advertise AP-name in Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Advertise AP-name in Aruba Central

Posted Feb 19, 2020 11:06 AM

Hi,

I would like to advertise AP-names on Aruba Access Points which are managed by Aruba Central, so that they advertise their names in Ekahau during a site survey.

It's possible for IAP's since release 8.4.0.0, my APS are on sw release 8.6.0.2_73853. But I cant change my SSID with CLI and add the command advertise-AP-name because they are managed by Aruba Central. When I try this I get an fault message that the APS are managed by Aruba Central.

Is it possible somehow to add this command in Aruba Central?

• 2.  RE: Advertise AP-name in Aruba Central
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2020 11:08 PM

currently there is no webUI knob in Central for this.

you can try using template based configuration.

• 3.  RE: Advertise AP-name in Aruba Central

Posted Feb 21, 2021 06:50 PM
    We were able to find a workaround for this (though  I REALLY hope Aruba builds this in to Aruba Central.)

1.  Unsubscribe the virtual controller IAP from Aruba Central (identify using serial number) ACCOUNT HOME > SUBSCRIPTION ASSIGNMENT > Uncheck IAP

2. SSH into IAP (VC) and enable advertise-ap-name command on the wlan

3.  Once heatmapping is done resusbscribe IAP (VC) in Aruba Central

------------------------------
    Tony Decker

• 4.  RE: Advertise AP-name in Aruba Central

Posted Feb 22, 2021 08:37 AM
    Hi Tony,

Another workaround  which works is that you configure 1 WLAN before you connect the AP to Aruba Central, then configure the advertise-ap-name with SSH.

Then in central import the config from this AP in a new group and start your config from there. Then it also works, it sucks, but it works.

But this is not how you want to configure APs Aruba Central.

Kevin de Leeuw