Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest Access - Error Opening Page

This thread has been viewed 46 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest Access - Error Opening Page

Posted Feb 13, 2021 11:22 AM
    ​Hi All.

I am running ClearPass for Guest Access, but get the following error after entering my username & password

"Error Opening Page - Hotspot login cannot open the page because the server cannot be found"  on iPhones and
    on laptops I just get a blank page

I am using:
    Clearpass 6.9.0.130064
    Aruba Central
    AP 515 with 8.6.0.2_73853

------------------------------
    Jaco Janse van Rensburg

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest Access - Error Opening Page

Posted Feb 13, 2021 12:07 PM
    verify the given radius server IP and URL during ssid configuration on Central. URL should match with Clearpass Guest Landing page URL.

Harendra
    ACDX#1129|ACEP|CWSP|CWNA|CCNA

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest Access - Error Opening Page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2021 11:46 PM
    Hi Jaco,

Try changing your IP Address field in your ClearPass Guest setup (from your screenshot) from securelogin.arubanetworks.com to securelogin.hpe.com.

It appears that the IP address in your Guest portal configuration is incorrect for your particular setup. That hostname needs to momentarily redirect the client back to the IAP so that the next step of login can occur - a RADIUS request. A quick recap of how the guest login workflow works can be seen here in this video: https://youtu.be/5sQIKZw5BrE?t=34.

When you join Instant AP's to Aruba Central the certificate they use for captive portal changes. Unless you go and change this yourself from within Central then the setting above should be correct.