Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Not in Sync (Login Pending)

This thread has been viewed 66 times
  • 1.  Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Sep 03, 2021 07:09 AM
    Hello guys,

I ve put my switches on Aruba central, put i can't manage them. I get the Not in sync (Login pending) meesage. Any ideas or advices?
    Thank you

------------------------------
    octavian romanescu

• 2.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2021 07:13 AM
    Hi,

I hope you are using UI group and the password configured for the UI group should be same as the password of the switch.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Sep 06, 2021 04:02 AM
    The password was the problem, thanks for the answed.

octavian romanescu

• 4.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Nov 14, 2023 07:47 AM

Hello.

I got this problem for about half my switches I am onboarding.

AOS10, 6100 switches. Firmware 10.10.1070.

Half of the switches just go in sync and I can modify them in multiedit. Some of the switches I try to onboard goes to Not in sync (Login pending) in multiedit.

The strange thing is that I can edit them via GUI. in example  change vlan access on a port. But I cannot do anything in multiedit.

Do you guys know if this is a bug?

Ive created a TAC now and waiting for the TAC.

Ive tried to reset the switch, tried to delete the assignment and license from Greenlake. Basically tried most things.

The password is not the problem here. Tried to set the password to the same as the group.

Anybody got a tip?

• 5.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Nov 21, 2023 11:22 AM

Hey JW94,

I have the same issue with a new 6200F I've added into Aruba Central today. Did you get anywhere with TAC by chance? If you did get it sorted, any chance I could have the case number so I can reference that in my own TAC support case I'm raising.

I'm able to manually configure the switch via Aruba Central, but I can't use Multi-Edit which I need for colourless configuration.

I've also confirmed the password isn't the issue here. I've tried updating the firmware, that didn't help either.

Thanks in advance.

• 6.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Nov 21, 2023 11:22 AM

Hey JW94,

Do you have any update on this? I'm in the same situation.

Cheers.

• 7.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Nov 21, 2023 02:24 PM

Just an update from my end, this issue resolved itself overnight. Nothing further was required. I'm now able to edit the switch via Multi-Edit and the switch is showing a valid "Last Sync" time from the Overview of the device (which it wasn't previously).

• 8.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Nov 23, 2023 05:53 AM

Hello.

Yes the TAC helped me. We created a new group without any config and moved the switch to that group. Then we went to cli on the switch and disconnected it from aruba central. (conf t, aruba-central, disable) and waited about 2 minutes. Then we enabled aruba-central (conf t, aruba-central, enable) and it got in sync. Then I moved the switch back to the original group.

Remember you gotta have some other method of communicating with the switch then Aruba Central after you disable Aruba Central:)

• 9.  RE: Not in Sync (Login Pending)

Posted Nov 23, 2023 02:23 PM

Thanks very much, that's awesome. We had the same comment come back from TAC yesterday. As as workaround TAC setup a new Template Group and moved the switch into it which allowed very basic editing there which got the job done.

I'll try moving the switch back into a standard group today and hope it all comes over in one piece.

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it!