Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Central - NetEdit Group kicked switch out of management

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Central - NetEdit Group kicked switch out of management

Posted Jul 16, 2021 10:39 AM

Hello all, 
    I am new to Aruba Cloud solutions and I've started with Aruba Central two month ago, after playing with template configurations I switched to the new NetEdit feature, because it is more flexible. But I run into some issues or challenges.

1. It is possible to switch off the Auto Commit? I really don't like it, drag&drop a switch to a group and can't review the configuration which will be pushed. Which brings me to the next point.

2. I added an switch to our NetEdit Group and it lost the connection right after. It is the fifth switch I've added and only this one lost the connection during the commit, when I review the configuration in central it is very strange:

That was the configuration before I added the Switch to the group.

Very simpel, vlan 1 has a management ip adresss, default route, just the configration for the core and central connection. 

When I now review the pending configuration, Central deleted the lag1 completely :

Which has breaked the connection, and it changed the configuration for my uplink interfaces as follows, I do not understand where it get this configuration. And why it is only configured to my active uplink interfaces. I checked all the configuration and do not find the setting which will be responsible for that:

I don't know why it's doing that, as I understand, I have my default configuration in the "normal" group configurations, like NTP, DNS, VLANs etc. and with NetEdit I am able to have independent configurations and when I import a switch here, it will keep the independent configuration and central will not push over my basic configuration. 

Kind regards

Roland

• 2.  RE: Central - NetEdit Group kicked switch out of management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2021 07:40 PM
    NetEdit is a VM which is installed on-premise, so it is not a cloud mgmt, like Aruba Central.
    any way, when you create plans in Netedit, you have a choice to commit or rollback. it is not done automatically.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------