Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Shared Security Roles

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Shared Security Roles

Posted Nov 13, 2020 12:03 PM
    Hello

Is there any way of sharing security roles with Aruba Central across multiple groups/sites? I have multiple sites that use the same SSID's and setup but have kept them separate so i can upgrade the IAP's on a site by site basis but i cannot see how to use the same roles across these groups which means i have to amend my clearpass profiles to include multiple pre auth and post auth roles.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Jeremy Smith

• 2.  RE: Shared Security Roles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 13, 2020 01:33 PM
    Hi,

In Central, Groups are used for configuration while sites are used to map devices to an actual physical site location.

If you have devices that need to have similar configuration, then it is better to put them in the same group. You can do the configuration at the group level or do local-overrides at the Virtual controller level if needed (if you need to do some specific configurations)

These devices can be in the same site or in different site..

You can upgrade specific APs in the group if needed or you can set a firmware compliance at the group level..

Ayman Mukaddam