Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - stuck with Template Group Variables

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - stuck with Template Group Variables

Posted Apr 19, 2021 12:55 PM
    Hi all,

I'm looking for help concerning Template Group, I have several issues that block me

when I try to import a configuration of an existing switch, GUI doesn't find the switch I'm looking for. It is up & running in default group, but I cannot import the configuration. So I had to copy/paste the configuration in the template. What could I do to find it ?

In the template, I used a few variables that are detected by Central. I uploaded a variables file (in JSON format) but I see no imported variables in the GUI (TG > Devices > Switch > Configuration > Variables).
    But through the API  call ( /configuration/v1/devices/{device_serial}/template_variables) I get all variables I pushed to the portal. So, variables are available in the Aruba Central "DB" but not accessible through the Web UI. Anyone has ever experienced such issue ?

Then I try to upload/change the variables by Web UI or by API, and I got errors with both interfaces :
    • if I upload a new  csv file, I receive an error saying "No changes detected. please ensure you mark modified column as Y" (even if modified column as a "Y")
    • if I use an API call (PUT /configuration/v1/devices/{serial}/template_variables) I receive an error "Error: variables are empty for cid XXXXX device serial YYY"

Anyone has ever experienced such issue ?
    Have you ever succeed to use Template group ?

Thanks for helping

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - stuck with Template Group Variables

Posted Apr 19, 2021 07:22 PM
    after working a few hours with all that stuff :
    • you can see variables associated to a Serial number when the device is added to the Template group.. even if you can access to it through API...
    • to create a TG, plan to have a switch with console access.. I got a lot of reboots before having a working template