Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Central - VisualRF

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Central - VisualRF

Posted Feb 12, 2021 02:54 PM
    Airwave has the ability to add multiple buildings to a single map. It appears in Central the equivalent is a Site. To see all these 'Sites' together on one map is from the Global Overview. 

I have a manufacturing customer that has a plant with a couple dozen buildings all at the same address.

Is there a way to manually place a 'Site' on a map as opposed to using the Address field when creating the site? If I need to us an address, all the buildings will be piled onto one another. 

------------------------------
    Philip Wightman, ACEX (AMFX) #69. Aruba Partner Ambassador

• 2.  RE: Central - VisualRF

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 12, 2021 03:33 PM
    As far as I know, and from what I have been setting up, no. The address field is how you get it placed on the Overview Map.

Dustin Burns

• 3.  RE: Central - VisualRF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2021 10:48 PM
    Dustin is correct.

That being said, I have sometimes "played" with the address of a site and moved the device closer to where it should be. For example, if the site address is 525 Main street, and the next closest address is 501 Main Street, try 515 Main or 513 Main. 

I have used https://www.openstreetmap.org/ and then used the "Query Feature" tool to see what it thinks the right address is. Not always 100% accurate with Central.

Jon W