Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba central questions

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  Aruba central questions

Posted Feb 23, 2021 08:19 AM
    hi all.

Right now we are using airwave with about 2000 aruba iap and 300 2930f switch, but we are think about going central.

So im testing a lot of things.

I can see the default folder in activate can be sync to central, can you change that folder so you sync from another? 
    Is the best way to get device into central via activate? 
    I tried to add a switch that was configure i manual and i couldn't get it to go online on central, can you just add the switch and move it to a template group?

------------------------------
    Morten Johannsen

• 2.  RE: Aruba central questions
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 11, 2021 09:42 AM
    Hi Morten,

All of your devices need to be in Activate that you want on Central, which they all should be.

In order for a device to be added to your Central account, it needs to be in the Central device inventory.

And in order for the devices in your existing environment to get added to that inventory, you will need to change them all to default, or the Athena folder on Activate. 

Then Sync Device inventory, and they will populate on the Device inventory.

Then add subscription and what group they will be in.

Central will control the Activate status of the device, once it is in the device inventory.
    Ex.- Adding a subscription will put it in the Athena group, removing the sub will put it in default.

But changing the folder on Activate does not change anything on the Central side.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Cohen

• 3.  RE: Aruba central questions

Posted Mar 24, 2021 05:47 AM
    Hi.

Thx for the answer, we desided to contact a local partner so they can give us a walkthrough on what central can do and how we migrate from our airwave to central.

Morten Johannsen