Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things Aruba Central and UXI Network Management, this includes Aruba Central managed networks, Central configuration, best practices, Central APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics and Other Central Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - Cloud Guest portal doesn't work on second AP port

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - Cloud Guest portal doesn't work on second AP port

Posted Mar 22, 2022 02:21 PM

I'm seeing a weird (and duplicatable) issue. Seeing the issue on multiple AP models and firmware versions, and on two different Central instances (US-2 and US-4)

Example:

We have tried this configuration with both AP-345 and AP-535

• ENET0 - Trunk configured with VLANs 10,20,30.

• ENET1 - Trunk configured with VLANs 40,50,60

• ENET0 & ENET1 are connected to separate siloed networks.  No routing between these two networks exist.

The following is the Wired Port Profile I have assigned to ENET1 (ENET0 is configured with the default profile)

wired-port-profile ENET1

no shutdown

switchport-mode trunk

allowed-vlan 40,50,60

native-vlan 999

access-rule-name ENET1

speed auto

duplex auto

poe

type employee

captive-portal disable

inactivity-timeout 1000

If I configure a WPA3-PSK SSID and set the VLAN as any of the above 6, it works perfectly fine. Client associates, gets IP, and is able to surf.

If I configure an Open Network with Cloud Guest, and set it to any VLAN on ENET0, client devices associate, gets IP, and is promptly redirected to the Cloud Guest portal. I am able to perform the click-thru, and client is able to surf.

If I configure an Open Network with Cloud Guest, and set it to to any VLAN on ENET1, client devices associate, get IP, and the redirect RARELY (1 out of 20 attempts) happens, and if it does the Cloud Guest page loads EXTREMELY SLUGGISHLY (we're talking 2-3 minutes to load). On the extremely RARE time that I am able to perform the click-through, the client is then able to surf normally at full speed.

Summary: When SSID w/ Cloud Guest is configured to use a VLAN on ENET1, it is essentially non-functional. If I change that SSID to use a VLAN on ENET0, it works perfectly.

I have tried this with both an AP-345 and AP-535. I have tried multiple versions of AP firmware (8.6.0.14, 8.6.0.15, 8.6.0.16, 8.9.0.2).

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

------------------------------
    Robert Glover

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - Cloud Guest portal doesn't work on second AP port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 31, 2022 02:17 PM
    If you create an SSID (PSK or open) with no captive portal for a VLAN on E1 and do general connectivity tests (web, speedtest, etc), does the performance differ?

You mention the networks are silo'ed, but do you end up going out through the same internet link?

Weird page loading issues are sometimes MTU related. The fact that you're using Cloud Guest shouldn't change much.

Benoit Paradis

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central - Cloud Guest portal doesn't work on second AP port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2022 07:19 AM
    Please open a TAC Support case if this is till what you are seeing.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.