Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

Posted Feb 03, 2021 01:52 PM
    Good afternoon,

The AP has a VLAN and a network segment for their administration, in this there are only them and a Windows DHCP server, but when connecting an AP or a PC to that vlan wired in the Switches they connect to a DHCP server that is providing the Aruba AP's, but I have never configured that additionally, the DHCP server is the network 172.31.98.0/23 which is by default one that brings the Aruba APs, the problem is that it should not generate this segment on the network LAN.

I have already carried out tests with different PCs and it is the same for all of them, when sending the DHCP request this is answered by a random AP on the network, but they always end up on the 172.31.98.0/23 network, this I know because I have followed up on the ARP table of the PC in which it finds the DHCP server that has the IP 172.31.98.1 with the MAC of an Aruba AP.

------------------------------
    Bryan Cruz

• 2.  RE: Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2021 01:55 PM
    Hi,

On your wireless vlan settings, it seems you have selected virtual controller managed instead of network assigned. In that case, the IAP will act as DHCP server and provide IPs in the range 172.31.98.X

You need to change to network assigned and either specify the vlan or use default..

Ayman Mukaddam

• 3.  RE: Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

Posted Feb 03, 2021 02:17 PM
    Hi there,
    I am attaching you a capture that I made of wireshark, it is very strange that I see all the APs are responding at the same time ARP from IP 172.31.98.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJ9DLrAYovNhyzNlTySDOgO33fiA-x5N/view?usp=sharing

The capture was made in the ethernet interface of my PC

Do you think that with the configuration you indicate it can be solved?

Postdata: Management ARUBA CENTRAL

Bryan Cruz

• 4.  RE: Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2021 02:20 PM
    Can you just explain your setup? How are things connected and what are you getting?

172.31.98.X is usually for the virtual controller assigned range (when the IAP is acting as DHCP server)

Ayman Mukaddam

• 5.  RE: Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

Posted Feb 03, 2021 02:36 PM
    Hi there
    Currently it is managed from ARUBA CENTRAL with 4 SSIDs each with a DHCP that is given by a Windows Server.

I have the APs connected to the network with a trunk port with the navita management vlan and the rest as tagged.

In the management VLAN there is a Windows DHCP server, nobody else.

When connecting a PC via cable to the SW with the port in the management VLAN of the APs, the PC when making the DHCP request is answered by the APs as can be seen in the packet capture. additionally all are responding ARP to IP 172.31.98.1

Bryan Cruz

• 6.  RE: Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2021 02:46 PM
    Check your default_wired_port_profile or the profile that you are using if any..
    It looks that it is set to Instant AP assigned. Can you share a screenshot?

Ayman Mukaddam

• 7.  RE: Problem DHCP AP´s in LAN WIRED

Posted Feb 03, 2021 02:55 PM
    hi, 

my setup is:

Bryan Cruz