Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Bugs/Freeze Ups

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Bugs/Freeze Ups

Posted Mar 25, 2021 04:37 PM
    I keep experiencing random UI issues with Aruba Central during change windows, and it's getting quite aggravating. Below are some that I can think of off the top of my head, and the one I've had the time to document. 

- Random "Server 500" errors when navigating around
    - Random tabs don't load when clicking on them
         - IAP VC > Devices > Config
               - WLANs, Access Points, Interfaces are just blank

For reference, I'm building this VC for a new office, and I cannot get in to rename the APs that join from their default name of the MAC. And yes, I've closed out my browser, deleted cookies, restarted my PC, tried different browsers, etc. 

Sections of Central just randomly don't load or the settings take forever to sync and show up. I just have to abandon that part of the configuration process until I check in later and it magically loads.

Previously, an SNMP push from Central completely wiped all my on prem device's configurations and then wiped out the Central configs as well. While trying to rebuild in Central, I kept getting Server 500 errors, and after 8 hours on the phone with TAC, I gave up, disabled aruba central on everything, and hand jammed the configs for 20+ devices because nobody had an answer on what caused Central to push a blank config to my devices and wiped the configs from the cloud.

Does anyone else have similar issues with the Central UI or is it just me?

------------------------------
    Thomas Newlon

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Bugs/Freeze Ups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 31, 2021 11:53 AM
    Thomas,

Do you still see this behavior? I don't think this is common and TAC should be able to find the root cause. I work on a pre-production cluster and have seen such things only long time ago and it was quickly fixed which is why there is a pre-production cluster to don't have issues in production. Do you have a local Aruba SE that you can reach out to, so this can get the proper attention? If not, can you share the TAC case number and your location/contact details in a personal message, so I can see if there is a local representative?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Bugs/Freeze Ups

Posted Mar 31, 2021 05:07 PM
    Hey Herman!

Thanks for reaching out. The "Server 500" behavior is intermittent, and I can't really replicate it reliably. Just randomly will pop up, and a webpage refresh/log out fixes it. As for the VC page errors, I did open a TAC case and by the time the engineer got to it, the issue was not replicable. They did mention that there was a "temporary glitch when you were trying to access the configuration in the past" and after that, everything moved along smoothly in my deployment. 

The previous SNMP push/wipe was a nightmare, and after that issue, I am more proactive with looping in my local SE and territory manager when things get squirrely.  They've been very responsive any time I've engaged them since. Can't say enough good things about them, honestly.

Thomas Newlon