Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central platform upgrade

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central platform upgrade

Posted Aug 06, 2021 02:04 PM
    Hi all,

We are starting to evaluate Aruba Central with a view to deploying it as our next-gen Wi-Fi/wired management solution. 

One of the areas we are interested in is how the Aruba Central platform is maintained by Aruba. 

We would like to understand how the platform is updated by Aruba, how often updates are applied and how updates are communicated? I am aware of the Central help page but can't see to find this information Home
    Arubanetworks remove preview
    Home
    As part of advancing HPE's commitment to racial justice, we are taking a much-needed step in overhauling HPE engineering terminology to reflect our belief system of diversity and inclusion. Some legacy products and publications may continue to include terminology that seemingly evokes bias against specific groups of people.
    View this on Arubanetworks >

Thanks,
    Darren

------------------------------
    Darren Carr

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central platform upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2021 06:19 AM
    There is quite some information on the operations of Aruba Central in the Cloud Data Privacy and Protection Tech brief.

Besides, at the moment there are approximately 2 major releases each year, and continuous smaller fixes and updates. Most of these updates are not noticed and don't result in any downtime or interruption.

Customers will be notified in advance for updates, including information if the access to the Central dashboard may be interrupted or not.

Please reach out to your Aruba partner, or Aruba sales team to get more information.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central platform upgrade

Posted Aug 17, 2021 09:53 AM
    I also was interested in how often Central was updated but I can't see any updates for about a year. Previous Releases (arubanetworks.com). Is that correct? When will the next update be?

Jared Lambe

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central platform upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2021 04:26 AM
    That page is for the previous releases, so the version before the current (major) release which was released around April, if I'm correct.

Check one level up from the page that you found to get the current version's release notes.

I would expect another major release this calendar year after summer. That would bring it to 2 major releases this year, and there are continuous smaller (hotfix) releases that don't really add new features, so don't have release notes.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central platform upgrade

Posted Aug 17, 2021 09:54 AM
    I have the same question. When does Central get updated. The documentation I have found has the last update for Central over 1 year ago.

Jared Lambe