Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaCentral trial and ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  ArubaCentral trial and ClearPass

Posted Jan 26, 2021 09:53 PM
    I am using Aruba Central trial version. I have just one IAP in Aruba central and It has 3 SSIDs. I have a ClearPass on a virtual machine with one configured service: Guest Authentication with MAC Caching.....  there are many problems but before going to T-Shoot Process i want to make sure if it is about licencing or not? Thanks

------------------------------
    Arman Sabzevari

• 2.  RE: ArubaCentral trial and ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2021 12:05 AM
    Hi,

What problems are you talking about? You have the AP assigned a license on Central? You are able to manage it from Central? Aruba Central trial will give you same features as paid Aruba Central..

Ayman Mukaddam

• 3.  RE: ArubaCentral trial and ClearPass

Posted Jan 27, 2021 03:18 AM

Thank you for your reply Ayman. I do not know If I have licence or not! My AP in Aruba Central is ON! is it enough? (it has not been set up by me)how I have to check if I have licence or not?  

I want to have guest user (using cleasrPass guest self registration), do I need guest license on my IAP? 

Arman Sabzevari

• 4.  RE: ArubaCentral trial and ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2021 03:54 AM
    Guest license (service license) is needed if you will be using Cloud Guest, in your case and since you will be using ClearPass it will not be needed.

You just need a device management license and you need to make sure you assign the license to the device under the account home page.
    You can also enable auto-subscribe if needed.

To become familiar with Central, I recommend you check this playlist Aruba Central Enhancements - Tour of Aruba Central
    YouTube remove preview
    Aruba Central Enhancements - Tour of Aruba Central
    Overview of interface enhancements.
    View this on YouTube >

Ayman Mukaddam

• 5.  RE: ArubaCentral trial and ClearPass

Posted Jan 28, 2021 03:16 AM
    Thank you Ayman

Arman Sabzevari