Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Central - Which License for 2540 Switches?

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Central - Which License for 2540 Switches?

Posted Apr 08, 2021 04:31 PM
    Hey,

using HPE since decades but new to Central and Cloudmanagement.
    For testing around I want to add some 2540-24G to Central but not succeeding with it.

I bought a Subscription but I guess it may be the wrong one. If I add it to my license keys in Central it told me "Successfull" but it is not appearing in Central to be assigned to a Switch. Also the Switches I Added telling me "no license".

I tried:  JY930AAE  Aruba Central Svc 1 Token 5y Sub E-STU

wrong?

Thanks alot.

------------------------------
    Marco Goetze

• 2.  RE: Central - Which License for 2540 Switches?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2021 04:03 AM
    That is a Service token, which can be used on top of a Device Management subscription (to enable Cloud Guest or UCC). It can't be used on its own.

What you need is Aruba Central Device Management (1 token per switch/AP); or Aruba Central 25xx/6100 Switch Foundation (one per switch, for other switch lines, other codes).
    Device Management is the old subscription scheme (pre-Central 2.5.3), foundation is new (Central 2.5.3 and up).

Please work with your Aruba partner to make sure you order the correct subscriptions.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Central - Which License for 2540 Switches?

Posted Apr 10, 2021 02:23 AM
    Hi Marco.

As new Aruba Central licensing scheme is now in force, you need to convert old subscriptions to new one.
    Go to Key management and click on convert link . Then you will have an option to select appropriate type of subscription. For 2530 you need Aruba Central Switch 25xx/6100 Foundation subscription Q9Y70AAE.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj