Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Health Status

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  AP Health Status

Posted Jan 06, 2021 10:57 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

I have an AP that Health status is going from good to poor multiple times in a day (please see attached)
    I also got reports that client are getting  disconnected

Looking at the details of the CPU, Memory, Noise floor, and utilization of the AP when it is good or poor
    I dont see much if a difference  

Anyone know how the Health Status is calculated ?
    On Average only 8 clients connected to it, (IAP 207 running 8.5.0.5_73491)

thank you

Barry

• 2.  RE: AP Health Status

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2021 06:19 AM
    Can you share the metrics for poor health status? If you 'mouse-over' the graph you can see the metrics:

There should be a difference in those metrics between good and poor, and much in Central now is dynamic so the Good and Poor could be 'compared to others' which makes there might not be a generic formula to calculate the score.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: AP Health Status

Posted Jan 10, 2021 07:42 AM
    Hi

please see attached

thank you

Barry Leicher

• 4.  RE: AP Health Status

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2021 05:45 AM
    I would suspect the CPU, which with 75% is on the high side (and the 'good' is 'only at 68%' which is high in my view).

You can reach out to Aruba support if you need this confirmed. As well, they can investigate where this high-CPU is coming from and if it is normal and acceptable; which I would be more worried about. I checked my APs and they are in the 0-20% range for CPU.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.