Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Stacking

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Stacking

Posted Sep 30, 2021 02:45 PM
    Hello all, 

I've been recently running into an issue where stacked switches added to aruba central do not reflect the appropriate amount of ports in the device > Ports and Link aggregations menu. 
    I have two stacks of two switches and when inspecting either of them in this menu, only shows ports 1/1/1-1/1/52, but nothing for the second switch for 2/1/1-2/1/52. multiedit seems to function correctly. 
    These are all 6300Ms and in aruba central they come up as stacked and the second member is visible when inspecting the stack. What's odd is that i have plenty that i have added that DO show up with the appropriate amount of ports. 

I've been stacking them as i add them to aruba central from the console by manually creating the VSF links. I've seen some documentation that states that stacking should be possible WITHIN aruba central, but i don' t seem to have this option or it may be referencing an older version. 

https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.1/documentation/online_help/content/switches/cfg/conf-stack-ui-groups.htm
    specifically below, as i don't have a "stacks" button. 

3. Click the  configuration icon to display the switches configuration dashboard.
    4. Click Stacks.

any suggestions or best practice when it comes to stacking switches and aruba central?

thanks, 

------------------------------
    adrian jatsiv

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Stacking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2021 06:56 PM
    the URL you had is dated, the current version is "2.5.3"
    https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.3/documentation/online_help/content/switches/cfg/conf-stack-ui-groups.htm

also note that the above URL is reference for AOS-S switches and not CX switches.
    use this URL for CX switches.
    https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.3/documentation/online_help/content/aos-cx/cfg/conf-cx-switches.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Stacking

Posted Oct 04, 2021 08:31 AM
    Thanks for the corrected link!

After a little bit of testing i found that disabling central on the switches, deleting the switches from central, then re-enabling the switches allows them to be pulled in with the correct amount of ports. I was able to also save the config from multi edit and re-apply it afterwords.

thanks,

adrian jatsiv

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Stacking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2021 09:19 PM
    good outcome.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central Stacking

Posted Jan 14, 2022 02:54 PM
    Sorry if this seems like hijacking an existing thread but it just seemed pertinet to it (if a little sideways).
    I just went through both documentation links you provided and want to just clarify I'm understanding them correctly:
    1. Aruba-CX:  You can import an entire switch stack with it's configuring into Central as-is.  No factory defaults, no breaking the stack, nothing.  Just import.
    2. ArubaOS (both VSF & BP):  Still no ability to import an existing stack.  Must break the stack apart and re-add the switches once the conductor is in Central.  The configuration can be imported from the conductor when it is brought into Central.

Any idea if Aruba has a roadmap or even plans to allow a smooth import of existing ArubaOS stacks?
    Glad to see with the CX line it's cleaner.

Matthew Ausmus