Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)

Posted Dec 11, 2017 10:02 AM

Hello,

We have an Aruba network setup with a 3200 controller and AP-205's spread around the building.  There is a wireless laptop lab of Dell 3350's that have the Intel Dual-Band 7265-N, running 64bit Windows 10.  These laptops can connect to 3 different AP-205's around them.  There are other model systems connecting to these same APs with no issues, so it is isolated to this 7265-N NIC.  They can use the internet/network but users are complaining of intermittent connectivity issues and in their taskbar wifi icon of 'no internet connectivity' even though it is connected to the AP. If you go into Airwave and look at the clients' association history, they are constantly dropping connection from one AP and connecting to another.  Most of the time these are in exactly 10 minute increments (example: 9:18, connects to #1 AP, 9:28, connects to #2 AP, 9:38 connects to another, etc etc.).

The 'signal quality' line graph for the clients show a very choppy connection.

If you go into the Event Viewer for the client laptops they show numerous entries for 6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence

Fixes I have tried that do not work include:

-Updating the NIC driver for 7265.  I have tried old and new versions of the driver and using versions for Win10/Win8/Win7 and none fix the issue.

-Updating the BIOS on the laptops

-Disabling bluetooth on the NICs

-Swapping out the AP 205 in that room in case it was faulty

-Set roaming to low, use only 20HZ and B/G frequency.

The only thing that has fixed our issue is replacing the AP-205 in that room with one of our old AP-105s.  The clients now connect consistently with the 105 and the 'signal quality' graph is a nice steady line.

That basically boils it down, in my opinion, to some sort of issue between the AP205 and the 7265-N adapter in regards to EAPOL key exchange/authentication (since event viewer showed that).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2018 10:13 AM

Fix:

On your Aruba controller:

* Go to 'Configuration' tab. 

* On the left pane go to 'AP Configuration'.  

* Select your AP Group from the list. 

* Open the dropdown for 'RF Management'. 

* Open the dropdown for '802.11a radio'

-select 'adaptive radio management (ARM)

-make sure the 'Scanning' checkbox is NOT checked

-apply changes

* Open the dropdown for '802.11g radio' and do the same changes as the step above

* Save Configuration

• 3.  RE: Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 03:51 PM
    Disabling scanning no longer feeds data to ARM and Client match from other channels. It also makes IDS/IPS less usable on channels that your access points are not on.

• 4.  RE: Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)

Posted Mar 15, 2019 07:14 AM

I get the same error using two AP 103 in instant mode.

Does anyone knows the right fields at the instant mangement page?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Since you have a different scenario, it would be best to start a new thread.

@ckd wrote:

I get the same error using two AP 103 in instant mode.

Does anyone knows the right fields at the instant mangement page?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)

Posted Nov 24, 2021 02:55 AM

Hello,

A lot of clients on our network have been having a similar issue, and the common denominator is that they are connecting to the AP-205 .
    We run ArubaOS 8.6 today.

I did try to make the changes as has been  suggested to what I thought was to just one AP group, but then noticed in the dashboard the number of clients quickly dropping, and that the change was to all the groups.

So I quickly change back again, and noticed that the number of clients came back again in the dashboard.

What could be my mistake here ?

Thank you!

Kind regards

------------------------------
    PM

• 7.  RE: Intel Dual-Band 7265-N constantly dropping connection on AP-205 (EAPOL key exchange issue?)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2021 03:49 AM
    You responded to an old discussion. Please open a new one with all the details, but in this case it probably is better to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba support as they have insights in similar cases and may correlate the behavior that you see to similar (and recent) cases.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.