Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

Posted Jul 31, 2018 01:17 PM

Apologies if this question has been answered before but I searched and couldn't find any articles.

I've recently upgraded from 8.1.0.4 to 8.2.1.1 on a 7010 acting as a gateway.  Much to my surprise my summer-time CLI commands no longer work as Aruba does this automatically now.  

My question is, how exactly do we manage "automatic DST" for regions where Daylight Savings Time is not observed?  Specifically Arizona in my case as other MST states do observe dst. 

The only article I found about automatic dst was from a 8.2.1.1 release article and it only mentioned modification in the GUI, no CLI reference, and no reference to non-dst areas.

Is my only other option manual configuration?  If yes, how do I instruct my gateway from the CLI that it needs to not adjust its time next november?

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

Posted Jul 31, 2018 01:50 PM

Yep, that's how you set a clock.

For others reading this, if you need to deal with automatic dst ect, you'll need this link as well for 8.2.1.1 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones

For me, my controller liked clock timezone America/Phoenix to get me my non-DST -7 timezone.

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 02:22 PM

The instructions on that page shows how you can set the timezone using the dropdown.  No searching for Timezones on Wikipedia:

Screenshot 2018-07-31 at 13.21.33.png

Screenshot 2018-07-31 at 13.18.52.png 

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

Posted Jul 31, 2018 02:51 PM

The problem is I'm doing hundreds of 7010 provisioning jobs and I won't have access to the GUI for every single one.

I needed CLI options, hence why I had to go looking for the IANA timezone tables.

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 02:58 PM
    The page in the screenshot is from the MM. You do not have to access the GUI of each device. You can drill down to the MD and access the menu in the screenshot from the MM after you attach the controller.

Expanding this for tons of controllers, you can run through the full setup and the controller will be "parked" on the MM. After that, you are free to add the device via Mac address anywhere in the folder structure. You can then configure specifics like timezone, etc. The NTP server should be inherited from the top.

"Show switches debug" will show you all of your controllers and whether or not they have been added to the tree structure.

• 7.  RE: ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 and Automatic DST (for regions that don't observe DST)

Posted Aug 01, 2018 10:39 AM

I'd love to work with the MM but we cannot utilize Mobility Master in our current environment.

I'm waiting for the 7000 series to be fully supported in Aruba Central, it's my hope this alleviates a lot of my pain in getting 7010s spun up and to my customers.  Right now all of them have to operate in standalone mode.

I greatly appreciate the info.  If a cloud MM comes out that may be our best option moving forward.