Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

This thread has been viewed 119 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Jul 05, 2019 11:28 AM

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with an AP 305.

I can access the login page where I am presented with the user/password, but it will accept my credentials, despite them being accepted previously.

So now we have performed a factory reset (hard reset) - again I am presented with the login screen and try the default user/password (admin/admin) - and still it will nto allow me to login. I get "Login Failed. Please Re-enter Username & Password."

This is after a factory reset.

Please advise.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Jul 05, 2019 11:35 AM

Can you try with to do a factory reset with a purgenv option once?

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Jul 05, 2019 11:38 AM

We are unable to use  console as it is on a remote site. 

But it is strange that it wouldn't accept my credentials before the reset, and now after a hard reset, it still will not accept the default credentials. 

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Jul 06, 2019 01:16 AM

Sorry, but I am confused. What are you logging in to? Are you connecting to the SetMeUp-XX:XX:XX SSID and then trying to login to the AP?

Newer versions of the Instant software use the serial number of the AP as the password, no longer admin. Username is still admin.

I hope this helps,

• 5.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Jul 06, 2019 04:05 AM

Yes I see the setmeup(mac) SSID advertised then trying to logon. Also have tried it via the IP address the AP took via DHCP.  Trying to login with SSH and the WebUI

I've tried a combination of admin admin and admin and the serial number upper case and lower case still no go no matter what I do I cannot logon to that AP. We've had it reset to factory 3 times and still no go.

Thanks,

Dan

• 6.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Jul 08, 2019 05:38 AM

Can someone please confirm the correct procedure to factory reset a AP 305 please.

We have tried many of the ways discribed across the web but I am not convinced that it has taken a full reset.

• 7.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Jul 08, 2019 06:10 AM
    With the AP powered off, press the reset button with the universal reset tool (paper clip), add power to the AP, keep holding the reset button for about 15 seconds, then release the button and let the AP boot.

• 8.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2019 06:13 AM
    One other note, is this a sole new AP on a layer2 network? If not, it could be joining another AP that is already running as an Instant AP. Just a thought.

• 9.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

Posted Nov 26, 2020 07:20 AM
    Hi,

I am obsering the same behaviour when performing a 'clear configuration' for all APs when executed from the controller.

Confirm Clear Configuration
    Doing a complete configuration clear (equivalent to a factory reset) may cause connection issues with mesh deployment.

After the clear config i am not able to login using admin/serial of previously configured account. Only when using the reset button of the AP, the login is admin/serial.

Anybody what the login is after executing clear config for APs? Also, what is the correct procedure for factory default an AP from the VC?

• 10.  RE: Aruba AP 305 - Cannot login after factory reset

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2021 12:42 PM
    Hi.

From 8.5 the default password is SERIAL-NUMBER in UPPERCASE.
    The username is admin.

If it does not work, you probably need to give it some more time.

One of the things you might experience is the WebUI telling you that the password is incorrect and the Console just prompts you with "User:" so you can type in username and password once more.
    This can be due to the access point is not yet done starting all the services it need, so try to give it a little more time.

------------------------------
    Best Regards

Tom Roholm
    ------------------------------