Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Disable 80 Mhz channel on primary and data multizone

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Disable 80 Mhz channel on primary and data multizone

Posted Feb 28, 2020 11:34 AM

Hi all,

I have two controllers managed by MMs and two standalone controllers with vrrp enabled to be used for datazone purpose.

I would like to disable 80 Mhz channels on both zones but was not successful till now. I was trying it through arm-profiles assigned to dot11a profile, I was trying it through ht-ssid profiles assignned to sssid-profile.

I was trying to change those profiles on datazone controller, then on primaryzone controllers through MMs but no success. Channels are still with "E" tag.

Moreover I have seen that while trying to configure arm-profile through MMs, there is no option to disable 80 Mhz channels there. While on standalone controllers I can find this option under arm-profile.

Do you have any idea how to managed channel settings in case you have multizoning enabled?

THX

• 2.  RE: Disable 80 Mhz channel on primary and data multizone

Posted Feb 28, 2020 11:42 AM
    Here you go:
    rf arm-profile "11A-ARM-PROFILE"
    no 80MHz-support
    !
    rf dot11a-radio-profile "11A-RADIO-PROFILE"
    arm-profile "11A-ARM-PROFILE"
    dot11h
    max-channel-bandwidth 20MHz (We can use 40MHz too)
    !
    wlan ht-ssid-profile "HT-SSID-PROFILE"
    no 80MHz-enable
    !
    wlan ssid-profile "SSID-PROFILE"
    !
    ht-ssid-profile "HT-SSID-PROFILE"

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Disable 80 Mhz channel on primary and data multizone

Posted Mar 02, 2020 07:42 AM

Hi Fabian,

There is no option under rf arm-profile to disable 80 MHz channels. As I have mentioned, while controller is in standalone mode, you will get this option. But as soon as you are trying to setup MD over MM, there is no option regarding 80 MHz channels setting under arm-profile anymore.

• 4.  RE: Disable 80 Mhz channel on primary and data multizone

Posted Oct 05, 2021 08:05 PM
    Looks like it got moved on us.  Configuration/System/Profiles/Wireless LAN, then High-throughput SSID.  Choose your profile and deselect the 80 MHz channel usage (VHT) under General

------------------------------
    David Hatch

• 5.  RE: Disable 80 Mhz channel on primary and data multizone

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 06, 2021 07:12 AM
    This is an old post, but to change the channel width in a system with an MM (airmatch), it is adjusted in the radio profile using the max and minimum channel bandwidth parameters.

In deployments without an MM it is still configured in the ARM profile.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.