Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Down AP and removing it from Controller

This thread has been viewed 99 times
  • 1.  Down AP and removing it from Controller

Posted May 17, 2020 04:59 PM

Good day.  We have have an Aruba 6.4 wireless controller.  We recently had an AP malfunction.  Aruba sent a replacement AP which was connected to the network and is appearing in the Default AP group.  Now I want to remove the down AP from the database.  Is it removed via the command line using the clear gap-db wired-mac command?  Or can I do this using the GUI?  We want to provision the new AP with the same name as what the down AP had.  Just want to verify I have the correct process to remove the down AP from the database.  Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Down AP and removing it from Controller
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 17, 2020 05:41 PM

Yes, you can delete the defect AP with the command "clear gap-db wired-mac". In 6.x there is no GUI command for that, this feature is recent add in the latest ArubaOS 8.6 version.

If your new AP is "up" in the default ap-group, just re-provision it with the correct name and ap-group.

• 3.  RE: Down AP and removing it from Controller

Posted Apr 14, 2021 12:04 PM
    Hi,

I have a similar issue where the AP has been removed from the MM but the entry is still present on the MD controller

The clear gab-db command was carried out on the MM but you are not allowed to do this on the MD controller - you get this alert 'This command must be run on the master.'

Can anyone assist with this ?

Many Thanks

------------------------------
    David Hurley

• 4.  RE: Down AP and removing it from Controller

Posted May 25, 2021 09:20 AM
    Probably a bit late - but just in case it's useful it looks like this might help:

clear gap-db stale-ap <wired-mac|ap-name> lms lms-ip <lms ip>

I haven't actually needed to use it so I can't vouch for it entirely

Guy Goodrick

• 5.  RE: Down AP and removing it from Controller

Posted May 25, 2021 09:36 AM
    Hi,

The command you have suggested is required to remove 'stale' entries

Ive tested and it works ��