Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Fast download, slow upload

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 03, 2020 09:38 AM

Hi there,

Currently testing a 505 AP but facing an issue.

When I speedtest my devices I get very fast 500mbps download but only 50mbps upload. The problem is not the link. If I connect the same device to my previous (Cisco) infrastructure I get 500mbps for both upload and download.

This is a controller based install.

Any idea what can be the problem here?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2020 10:32 AM

Hi,

• Are you testing from the same wireless vlan for both Aruba and Cisco setups?
    • Did you check any interface errors on the ports of the controller or APs?
    • Do you have any shaping configured?
    • Did you try to test to an internal IPerf server connected to the wired network instead of Speedtest (use the -R option to test in the reverse direction as well)

• 3.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 03, 2020 11:12 AM

Hi Ayman,

Same client VLAN, yes. And both Cisco and Aruba controllers are connected to the same switch.

No errors on ports and no shaping.

iPerf shows the same behavior.

Regards

• 4.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 05, 2020 01:18 PM

Hi,

This seems to be a problem with HE / 802.11ax.

As soon as I disable High Efficiency / 802.11ax, upload and download become fast.

Anyone else having problems?

Regards.

• 5.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 10, 2020 07:06 AM

Is anyone running 802.11ax with 5xx series and HE enabled without issues?

• 6.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 31, 2023 02:50 AM

Hello All,

got solution for slow browsing or dis connectivity issue?

Faiz

• 7.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 11, 2020 06:58 AM

Hi,

Are you noticing the same behavior on different types of clients ( windows, mobile phones) etc  ?

In case of windows, can you please update to latest driver and test it out.

• 8.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 11, 2020 07:19 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately iPhone 11 are my only 802.11ax clients.

• 9.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 11, 2020 07:41 AM

Probably not the case, but did you create any BW Contracts to restrict up/down bandwidth?

• 10.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Aug 11, 2020 07:48 AM

No.
    Also, that would be in place with both HE enabled and HE disabled.

And in this case, HE disabled "fixes" the issue.

• 11.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Nov 17, 2021 07:54 AM
    Hi all,

We're seeing a similar issue. We have a client with a homebuilt PC (a whole other headache) on our campus deployment. Netgear A7000 wifi adapter on a Windows 10 devices. Super fast downloads, incredibly slow uploads on eduroam with a NAT IP. I ended up sending a silent, non-NAT SSID out there, HE enabled, and the client reported 100 down and up, but only on 2.4. The client is 5 capable, so I tried removing the 2.4 radio from the AP Group and the client did connect to 5, but the speeds were back to fast down, slow up. I put the 2.4 back on, and sure enough the client ended up reconnecting with steadier speeds.

Our setup is 2 MMs, 6 MDs, running 8.6.0.14 on 515 APs. Is this simply just a case of a wonky client adapter? Is there anything people can recommend we try to figure out the issue?

-Brian

------------------------------
    Brian Simpson

• 12.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Nov 22, 2021 09:04 AM
    We facing the same issue with RAP's. We used to have about 400/400Mbps wired and wireless (80MHz channel) but now we have problem and got about 200/20Mbps and packets drops. I can't figure out what caused this, i have tried older firmware and other MC both 7220 cluster and VMC but with no success.

Running 8.8.0.2, before 8.7.1.5 on two 7220 in a cluster (for our campus-AP) and moved RAP's to a VMC-50.

Edit: We running 500-series AP, 503H, 505H, 505, 515 and 535 and problem is not related to specific model what i can see so far.

Emil Andersson

• 13.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

Posted Nov 29, 2022 10:48 AM
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had the fix for this ? I am getting this exact issue

515 ap - controller based

HE is enabled FYI

• 14.  RE: Fast download, slow upload

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2022 08:20 AM
    Slowness can have many reasons. There is no universal fix for that. Best is to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba Support to find what is causing the issue.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.