Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Group Templates

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Group Templates

Posted Feb 22, 2013 02:54 AM

Hello,

I need some explanations about Group Templates, I am a bit lost.

I got a global group that contains groups. There will be only IAP-105 in groups. How do I need to "setup up" the global group template ? I'd like to have the possibility to manage the VC name, ip addresses, two SSID (1 shared to each IAP's and the other that changes). I must use variables but I don't understand from where I must start.

On the global group, from which device do I need to fetch the template ? From a clean IAP or one that is allready configured ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 22, 2013 03:30 AM

Hi

Good morning

All the needed info and answers on your question (iAP templates/config and more in front of AirWave)

is attached to the two PDF attached to this post

23423432432.PNG

asdsad.PNG

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 22, 2013 03:32 AM

Thanks but all this is working. My IAP is on Airwave, I can manage it but I don't fully understand how to use template.

• 4.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 22, 2013 03:35 AM

Use AirWave 7.6 or above

regarding the templates/config change of iAP from AirWave.

please, Read the following pdf: DeployingInstantInAirWave

start read from page 9 | or page11

:smileyhappy: it will answer all your questions

vcccc.PNG

• 5.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 22, 2013 03:41 AM

I'll do this.

• 6.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 22, 2013 04:16 AM

update us - if everything works , and if you have further questions feel free to ask.

have a lovely day. :smileyhappy:

me

• 7.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 22, 2013 07:39 AM

I have read the chapter "Creating and Using Templates" but I still don't understand how to manage Subsitution Variables.

I would like to set for example the IP address of the AP for each APs in the group but I don't undestand how to use the variable to do this.

Can you show me an example ?

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Group Templates
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2013 05:31 PM

Let me see if I'm getting the scenario correct...

You've got a Global Group with several Subscriber Groups created? By default, instant APs get their own group and folder in AMP. So each cluster should have it's own template. If you've got multiple clusters in the same group, they will all use the same template. Unless we're not utilizing the phrase 'global group' the same way.

Keeping in mind that 'global group' is different from 'global Aruba configuration'.

With that said, here's an example of using substitution variables in the template:

---template snapshot begin---
    version 6.1.2.0-2.0.0
    virtual-controller-country US
    virtual-controller-key %guid%
    %if ip_address%
    virtual-controller-ip %custom_variable_2%
    %endif%
    %if organization%
    organization %organization%
    %endif%
    %if syslog_server%
    syslog-server %syslog_server%
    %endif%
    ams-ip %manager_ip_address%
    ams-key %password%
    %server_cert_checksum%
    %ca_cert_checksum%
    %cert_psk%
    name %hostname%
    content-filtering
    terminal-access
    ---template snapshot end---

Each Item with % symbols around it is a variable that the AMP already recognizes. You can choose to use custom variables for additional items. I'm going to give the easiest bad example of putting the firmware version in a variable.

Template Line Before:
    version 6.1.2.0-2.0.0

Template Line After After:
    version %custom_variable_2%

On VC's manage page, populate custom_variable_2 with '6.1.2.0-2.0.0'

vc-manage.jpg

For several VCs, there's a bulk edit option. Go to a list view that shows all the VCs in the same group you want to edit. Click on 'Modify Devices' at the top of the list view to get checkboxes next to the list table. Once you've checked off the VCs you want to edit, choose 'Update' next to the "Aruba Instant Virtual Controller Variables" option just a few lines after the bottom of the device list table.

vc-bulk1.jpg

On this bulk VC edit page, you can use the top line to populate custom variables quickly with the same value.

vc-bulk2.jpg

Or you can use the list view, using the page slider to get to the custom variable box you want to update per device.

• 9.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 26, 2013 08:58 AM

Thanks for the explanation, I understand better now.

A last question about this : is it possible to configure the SSID, Key management and Passphrase in APs/Devices - Manage ? I can see this on template but I can't put a passphrase because it's allready hashed.

Thanks

Dimitri

• 10.  RE: Group Templates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2013 09:33 AM

Yes, you can create additional SSIDs, Key management and passphrases.  Since keys and passphrases are kept in hash, I suggest adding it directly to one VC, then in AMP -> re-import the template from that VC.  Then you can push that template out to other VCs (or copy paste the newly added portions to other group's templates).  This will be made easier with Instant GUI Config (Instant GUI Config is planned to be introduced in 7.7 / 7.8).

• 11.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 26, 2013 09:56 AM

Ok thanks, it will be fine like this.

Do you know when 7.7/7.8 will be out ?

Dimitri

• 12.  RE: Group Templates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2013 10:01 AM

Targetting a 7.7 release end of summer (July / August).  7.8 details have not been decided yet.

• 13.  RE: Group Templates

Posted Feb 26, 2013 10:05 AM

Thanks, I will works with your trick until new version of Airwave.

Regards

Dimitri

• 14.  RE: Group Templates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2022 06:14 AM
    I migrated from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and the new AirWave instance has a new IP address.
    From AirWave Groups> Instant Config> Sistema > Ammin > IP ArWave
    I see the old IP address of AirWave even if it is turned off and the VirtualController has been updated with the new IP address, how can I change it?

Thanks