Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Mobility Master AOS8.x Guest Wifi + Clearpass Captive Portal w/ MAC Caching - good tutorial?

This thread has been viewed 40 times
  • 1.  Aruba Mobility Master AOS8.x Guest Wifi + Clearpass Captive Portal w/ MAC Caching - good tutorial?

Posted Jun 09, 2021 01:11 PM
    Hello,

I am looking for some support building a guest WLAN on a Mobility Master that authenticates via external Clearpass Captive Portal with MAC Caching. Does anyone have a good tutorial/walkthrough/resource for this?

I've done a fair bit of Googling, and most guides are either way out of date, or for "Aruba Instant". I'm can imagine the concepts are transferrable from Instant to the MM, but things feel more complex on the MM.

Basically, we had a contractor build us a captive portal with this setup, and it worked for a while, but has stopped working now. I'm trying to reverse engineer what they did to set it up so that I can fix it, but having issues. Re-hiring the contractor isn't an option at this time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris

• 2.  RE: Aruba Mobility Master AOS8.x Guest Wifi + Clearpass Captive Portal w/ MAC Caching - good tutorial?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 09, 2021 01:48 PM
    Yup done that … in fact got config working on both MM solution and Instant. Let me see if I’ve still got the notes from the MM version …
    Rgds
    Alex

• 3.  RE: Aruba Mobility Master AOS8.x Guest Wifi + Clearpass Captive Portal w/ MAC Caching - good tutorial?

Posted Jun 10, 2021 01:14 PM
    Hello,

I would be interested as well if you'd be willing to share with me as well. I'm in a similar situation.

Thanks!
    Nate

------------------------------
    Nathan Ho
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Aruba Mobility Master AOS8.x Guest Wifi + Clearpass Captive Portal w/ MAC Caching - good tutorial?

Posted Jun 10, 2021 04:02 PM
    Thanks Alex. Please let me know if you are able to dig up your notes!

I found this Youtube channel which seems pretty good and up to date information for this type of configuration.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClUeksVidj4bh_g3NnoFFHQ