Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ha issue for controllers

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Ha issue for controllers

Posted Nov 15, 2021 07:12 AM
    Hi, 
    We have a customer having high availability issue on Aruba controllers.

Cluster IP: 172.19.11.210

Controller 1: 172.19.11.211

Controller 2: 172.19.11.212

Setup: Active / Passive

Controller Type: Aruba 7205

Controller software: 8.7.1.1_78245

They were configured to initially be in Active – Passive. A power outage  brought down the entire wireless network because the controllers werent synced properly ( controller 2 had apprently an old config which was conflicting with the config of the first controller ). Historical reasons not known

Currently the second controller is disconnected from the network to be sure it will not conflict with the working configuration on the first controller.

Only primary is active and everything works .

Now we have to bring the second controller online and make the HA up .I would like to know what steps are needed to get the second controller back into the cluster as a standby node.

We want to make sure that when we make seco dary node online there should be no outage .

Can you guide the steps to be performed . 

------------------------------
    AG

AG

• 2.  RE: Ha issue for controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 15, 2021 08:17 AM
    "HA" is an older legacy construct from 6.x.  If you are running 8.x and clustering, you should not configure the HA parameters.  Clustering does everything automatically.   Remove the HA configuration, because there should be no active/passive in clustering....everything should be active.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Ha issue for controllers

Posted Nov 15, 2021 12:54 PM
    Hi ,

I checked 8.0 documentation, it says cluster deployment scenarios option 1 

I understood that we have to define master  which is vip , lms and backup lms

Our doubt is what steps we shoul take when putting the other box in network again.
    Can we initially make it possible that. Node 1 should take all traffic from APs . Because if it is active active we might end up in network unreachability of some APs 

We want some guidelines

AG