Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP license issues

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  AP license issues

Posted Nov 26, 2020 11:16 AM
    Hi Everyone, 

So we recently installed about 10 new APs to our MM based setup. However, we have been having issues where some of the APs were not broadcasting SSIDs, this looks to be a license issue:

I noticed that we had only allocated 20 licenses to the pool but we now had more APs than this. I have increased the number of licenses is this pool, but we are still having the same problem, APs are still displaying the license flag.

Another thing that I noticed was that if you do a show ap database on the MM, you do not see the L flag, you have to get onto one of the controllers to see the flag, not sure if this is relevant. Even though we now have enough licenses we are still seeing the L flag on the controller, is there a delay before the APs pull their license after making the change? I can see that the controllers are all in the update successful state though.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks for the help,

------------------------------
    Ciaran Coghlan

• 2.  RE: AP license issues

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 27, 2020 10:37 AM
    Hi Carian,

Your using a Virtual Mobility Controller (VMC) with a MC-VA-10 licence that limit your controllers to max. 10 access points.
    See datasheets: https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_VMC.pdf

You can also see this from a managed device with the command:

(HomeLAB-MC01) [MDC] #show controller sys-limits
    Controller System Limits

System Name(Type) : MC-VA-10
    Number of CAPS : 10

Hope this helps you!

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2020 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE