Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Max TX Power Aruba 365

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Max TX Power Aruba 365

Posted Oct 27, 2021 12:48 PM
    Hi,

How do I change the Max TX Power of an Aruba 365 AP in a mobility controller running 8.8.0.0. I have like 15 APs (model 365) in a group, and I need to adjust the TX power to the limit that the APs can handle!?

------------------------------
    Diego Joubert

• 2.  RE: Max TX Power Aruba 365

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2021 01:15 PM
    If you have an MM, the max TX power is controlled by the 802.11a or 802.11g radio profile, by the max tx power parameter, which is checked every day at 5am.
    If you have a controller without an MM, you are running ARM and in the ARM profile, the max transmit power determines the maximum transmit power, which if you change it, would happen immediately.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Max TX Power Aruba 365

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 28, 2021 04:33 PM
    One additional note that putting an AP on max. power isn't a good idea.  It's a good design rule to lower your access point's transmit power to the max transmit power of your weakest device. Mostly, your weakest device is a mobile device that has an average transmitting power of 30mW/15dBm. So use that values (in most cases) to design your network and coverage to avoid co-channel interference.

Note that different environments can have different recommendations ;). 

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 4.  RE: Max TX Power Aruba 365

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2021 04:55 PM
    FYI, 15mW is roughly 12dBm, not 30dBm (that's 1W).

Onno Harms

• 5.  RE: Max TX Power Aruba 365

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 28, 2021 05:02 PM
    Oops typo ;) corrected!

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own