Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP and RW gone?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  IAP and RW gone?

Posted Jun 20, 2021 09:55 AM

Hi

I have  a bunch of IAP-225-RW running with a virtual instant controller (all running 8.6.0.9).

Think of trying a couple of 535 APs...

Aren't there any "IAP" in the product names anymore? And how about "RW", Rest of World.... ?

# Question 1

Are all APs now capable of being used locally with a virtual built in controller, i.e "instant"? Can I buy a couple of "AP-535 802.11ax" (JZ336A) and use them together with my IAP 225:s and a virtual controller?

# Question 2

How about the former "Rest of World" (RW) naming of AP:s?  Something I have to look for before buying?

Tnx in advance

/Peo

------------------------------
    Per-Olov Sj�holm

• 2.  RE: IAP and RW gone?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2021 07:00 PM
    the 11ax APs are all running unified images which means that then can either be used for controller based APs or Instant APs.
    so there is no "IAP" in the product name/description anymore.

here are the SKUs for them
    • R3V46A Aruba AP-505H (RW) Unified AP
    • R2H28A Aruba AP-505 (RW) Unified AP
    • Q9H62A Aruba AP-515 (RW) Unified AP
    • JZ336A Aruba AP-535 (RW) Unified AP
    • JZ356A Aruba AP-555 (RW) Unified AP

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP and RW gone?

Posted Jun 21, 2021 01:30 AM
    There is no mor IAPs. All new APs are universal. Can be used as IAP, CAP, RAP or standalone. This is from 3 series onwards. I thing tha 30x and 31x are last specific APs (IAP or AP). -RW variant is available for all APs.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj