Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Some AP speed cant go above 100

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Some AP speed cant go above 100

Posted Jan 09, 2022 02:23 PM
    Hi everyone. We are facing an issue. Some APs (3/10) in 1 location don't give speed above 100.mbps. wired speed is ok. Clients are connecting at 5ghz. What can be the issue. Cables have been tested, replaced and APs have also been replaced.

------------------------------
    muhammad nabeel

• 2.  RE: Some AP speed cant go above 100

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2022 05:04 PM
    What are you using to test speed?  

Check the client rx and tx by running "show ap debug client-table ap-name <name of ap>" on the commandline to ensure they are not negotiating lower transmit rates on that AP.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Some AP speed cant go above 100

Posted Jan 09, 2022 11:00 PM
    We are using speedtest.net

I will check the command today but same client is getting correct speed from other APs in that location.

• 4.  RE: Some AP speed cant go above 100

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2022 11:25 PM
    You have to find out what is similar between the clients on those three APs.  That command is just another thing to check.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Some AP speed cant go above 100

Posted Jan 09, 2022 11:30 PM
    I checked with my mobile and laptop on all the APs one by one.there is no other user at the moment.

• 6.  RE: Some AP speed cant go above 100

MVP
    Posted Jan 10, 2022 03:02 AM
    I would recommend to use iperf in order to test physical network connectivityZ
    There might be limits in the passive part such as, patch cable, patch pannels, etc.

---------------------------------
    Shpat | MVP 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP |
    ---------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Some AP speed cant go above 100

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 10, 2022 12:44 PM
    What are your client capabilities? how many spatial streams does the client have? what SNR does the client have? what channelwidth are u using? what type of AP? what firmware level?

Respect that your  real throughput will never be higher then approx.. 50% of the modulation speed. 
    https://netbeez.net/blog/what-is-mcs-index/

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own