Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-325 - JW325A & JW327A compatible?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  IAP-325 - JW325A & JW327A compatible?

Posted Sep 13, 2021 09:52 AM
    I have a client who has an IAP-325 (JW325A) and plans to buy another but these are typically JW327A and not JW325A and I'm not understanding what the difference is.  Does anyone know if the virtual controller will allow both to work together?

------------------------------
    Artur Korneluk

• 2.  RE: IAP-325 - JW325A & JW327A compatible?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2021 10:04 AM

It looks like JW325A is for the Rest of the World and the JW327A is only for the US.  A cluster will not work with the 325A and the 327A.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/resource/320-series-ordering-guide/

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: IAP-325 - JW325A & JW327A compatible?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2021 11:46 AM
    Also, the -US AP should only be orderable in the US, the -RW should only be orderable outside of the US.

So, don't understand the "but these are typically JW327A and not JW325A", unless this is a multinational company, and in that case, they need to order APs specifically per country (US or RW).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.