Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba controller with DHCP server issue.

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Aruba controller with DHCP server issue.

Posted Oct 04, 2021 01:54 PM
    Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my network and I'm stucked right now because I don't know how to proceed:

We have a DHCP server in our network, and we have configured an aruba controller with another DHCP server because we've no been able to configure it as a relay. The problem is the wired network (LAN) is using the aruba controller dhcp server too. Is there any way to configure the controller as a relay? Or the avoid the LAN takes IPs from Wifi?

Regards.

------------------------------
    Sparring.

• 2.  RE: Aruba controller with DHCP server issue.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2021 01:58 PM
    If the Aruba Controller DHCP shares a layer 2 VLAN with that network, it cannot be stopped from providing dhcp outside of the controller on that VLAN.

You have the option of creating a VLAN that only exists in the Aruba Controller, and point a route from your network to the ip address of the Aruba Controller for that network.  In that situation, DHCP on the Aruba Controller would only provide DHCP within that VLAN.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.