Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

country not listed AP-374(RW) and AP-377(RW) instant OS ver 8.6

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  country not listed AP-374(RW) and AP-377(RW) instant OS ver 8.6

Posted Oct 10, 2021 01:35 PM
    We are using AP-374(RW) and AP-377(RW) instant OS ver 8.6 and unable to find country "Pakistan" region in list, kindly advise which OS version we will move that have Pakistan in list.

------------------------------
    Muhammad saleem

• 2.  RE: country not listed AP-374(RW) and AP-377(RW) instant OS ver 8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2021 06:25 PM
    you are right, I could not find it in the output of this command "show country-codes", even in 8.9 version
    I suggest setting it to BD - Bangladesh, as it seems their regulatory domain for indoor/outdoors are identical to Pakistan.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: country not listed AP-374(RW) and AP-377(RW) instant OS ver 8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2021 08:43 AM
    I strongly would recommend NOT using another country code, as it may put you and your organization at a legal risk.

You can check the release notes for the DRT files that you can download from ASP. And the most recent one does not list Pakistan (nor Bangladesh btw...) for the AP-374 or AP-377, which means you cannot operate the AP as you found out. The geocompliance website does show the 374/377 as compliant for Pakistan.

Would recommend reaching out to your local Aruba SE, or Aruba Support to get this addressed.

Assume an updated DRT can be made available, you can update just the DRT, and stay on your preferred OS version.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: country not listed AP-374(RW) and AP-377(RW) instant OS ver 8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2021 06:19 PM
    agree with Herman's comments, you could use similar country reg domain only in your lab but please contact your local SE to sort this out.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.