Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7010 Licensing

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  7010 Licensing

Posted Nov 29, 2021 02:20 PM
    I am planning for Aruba 7010 as controller and Aruba 515 as the point (15 *515 AP).I need to authenticate from AD,Encrypt the traffic from the user to the client.What all licenses i need to implement this setup ?

------------------------------
    Fayas Palliparambil Abdul Salam

• 2.  RE: 7010 Licensing
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 29, 2021 02:37 PM
    Hi Fayas,

For a standalone MC7010 controller you just need a AP capacitity license per AP (at least).

I would strongly recommend the  Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF) license thats also a per AP licenced. This give you the possibility to create custom user roles.

If you need Rogue Containment and Spectrum Analysis you could add a RF Protect license thats also count per AP.

You should also contact your local Aruba Partner to assist you.

See also this as reference: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_80_Web_Help/Content/LicenseGuide/License_Usage.htm

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: 7010 Licensing

Posted Nov 29, 2021 03:47 PM
    Do i need any support licenses?

• 4.  RE: 7010 Licensing

Posted Nov 29, 2021 03:47 PM
    Do i need a support license for the same?

• 5.  RE: 7010 Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2021 04:32 PM
    yes you need support SKUs for he licenses you are using.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 6.  RE: 7010 Licensing

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 01:19 AM
    If you need support on your controller yes, then each license need support as well.

You pay support only for the ap count and features you use, thats why its "in parts".

Outlook voor iOS downloaden

• 7.  RE: 7010 Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 03:40 AM
    What do you mean by 'encrypt the traffic from the user to the client'? Is that from the user-device (client) to the AP?
    Or as well from the AP to the controller? In tunneled mode, the AP license will do end-to-end encryption from the client to the controller. As mentioned the PEF and RFP licenses are strongly recommended.

For authentication against AD, you will need a RADIUS server as well. To get that designed and configured properly, it's recommended to use an experienced deployment partner.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 8.  RE: 7010 Licensing

Posted Dec 05, 2021 08:46 PM
    Hello Everyone!

This is the closest thread I could find for my question so please allow to ask here.
    I am new to ProCurve switches and a google search of the information did not help much.

I am aware that ProCurve 2510 switches require licenses to activate certain features but what are the license options available?

I would also like to confirm if there is a license already installed in the switch and would appreciate help with the command for achieving this.

Finally, Please provide documents describing the licensing scheme if available.

Thank you.

Obioma Okoroafor

• 9.  RE: 7010 Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2021 08:27 AM
    Please create a new topic, as this is around controllers not switches. There is no licensing on the 2510 ArubaOS switch as far as I know, so also no way to check it or licensing scheme.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.