Wireless Access

last person joined: 38 minutes ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot connect to SSID

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Cannot connect to SSID

Posted May 31, 2021 11:10 AM
    Hi,

I am having standalone mobility controller running ArubaOS 8.5. I have created a TEST SSID initially for testing and all the devices were able to connect to it. Then I have created another SSID with the same settings (WPA-2 Personal, same vlan, same role, same data rates, everything same) and disabled the TEST SSID. But now few users are complaining they cannot connect to the newly created SSID. Please see the image attached. When I enable the TEST SSID, they can connect to it instantly. The users complaining are using iPhones. All the windows machines can connect to it without any issues. I want to remove the TEST SSID from the network. How do I resolve this issue? Any help on this is highly appreciated as I don't want to broadcast multiple SSIDs for the same vlan.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Ajin Skariah

• 2.  RE: Cannot connect to SSID

Posted Jun 01, 2021 04:33 AM
    When users they cannot connect to the SSID, what are the symptoms being reported? Do they not associate at all, do they not obtain an IP address? How are client IP addresses provided via DHCP or a different method? The error message displayed in the screenshot usually indicates there is either a DHCP or a DNS issue.

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Cannot connect to SSID

Posted Jun 01, 2021 04:51 AM
    They are not getting associated to the SSID. The client IP addresses are provided by DHCP. The TEST SSID and the new SSID are both in the same vlan. But the TEST connects and works without any issues, but the new SSID doesn't connect. Issue reported with few users having iPhones. Android and Windows machines works fine.

Ajin Skariah