Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Posted Jan 12, 2022 05:25 PM
    Hello all,

I have two new AP-505-RW that I am trying to set up. When I connect to the AP GUI on my network I get to the password reset but when I try to enter a new password it states: Configuration denied by Aruba Central management. I went through and did the password reset via the CLI. Now on the GUI it is asking for the country code and provides the same error if I try to enter it.

Is there something that I am missing? I feel like I should just be able to connect to these devices out of the box.

Any help is appreciated.

------------------------------
    Mike Page

• 2.  RE: New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2022 05:33 PM
    It seems your AP-505s are being managed by Aruba Central, then in that case you need to use Aruba Central to configure

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Posted Jan 12, 2022 05:37 PM
    If I try to add it to my aruba central account, which I don't believe I should have to, it says "Blocked Device".

Mike Page

• 4.  RE: New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2022 08:19 PM
    if it says it is blocked by Aruba Central, that means the APs are in the inventory of Aruba Central.
    if you dont want to use Aruba Central, then you need to archive the APs on Aruba Central.
    go to Account Home-> Inventory> select the APs and click on Archive button.

once they are archived, reboot the APs and you should have the local mgmt access and you should be able to set password/configuration, etc.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2022 07:10 AM
    If these APs are not in your Central account, they are subscribed to in another Central account, which means they might be if these are registered to another customer during the shipment. This is something you could ask your seller.

The only option that I'm aware of to find out where these APs are registered, is to go through Aruba Support. They should also be able to remove the APs from that other account. You also could block internet access, or access to device.arubanetworks.com to prevent access to Central, but if you newly purchased these it's better to get the erroneous registration fixed.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.