Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Park WiFi

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Park WiFi

Posted Sep 14, 2022 11:13 PM
    Designing outdoor WiFi. 

Does anyone know what the area coverage (total circular diameter) for omnidirectional AP 575?

Antennas are to set at around 16' off the ground.

• 2.  RE: Park WiFi

Posted Sep 15, 2022 04:51 AM
    Hi.

There is no simple answer to this question. Jerrod Howard gave the wonderful presentation at ATM 2020 Outdoor WLAN Design: Simplify outdoor Deployments

Unfortunately I can't find it online any more. I do have a PDF copy of it, but if you will be able to find a video, it would be even better. 

Coverage really depend on environment and your requirements. In short  in ideal conditions it is approx 150-200m if overlap between APs is required or up to 400m if it is not.  

But these are just rough guidelines for ideal situation.

Best, Gorazd

• 3.  RE: Park WiFi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2022 08:12 AM
    Duplicate question.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------