Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to remove a Mesh portal?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  How to remove a Mesh portal?

Posted Oct 21, 2021 08:50 AM
    Hi,
    I have a little cluster of 8 APs Instant-305, firmware version Ursa_8.9.0.0_81161. 

In the 5GHz band we see an hide wireless network, generated by the our AP, but we didn't create any Hidden wireless network.
    I'm sure it's generated by our APs, because if I power off the AP, it disappears..

In the Dashboard - mesh devices menu, there are all our APs with the role Mesh Portal, exept one that doesn't appear in this list (I don't understand why only one).
    I suppose that the Hidden wireless network is generated by the APs for Mesh purpose, also if we don't have any mesh configured.

Is it normal to have these Hidden 5GHz wireless network, also if we didn't configure it? Is it possible to remove it?

Thanks!
    Kind regards!

Michele

------------------------------
    Michele Romano

• 2.  RE: How to remove a Mesh portal?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2021 07:40 PM
    the hidden SSID that could look like this "c01b0ce08dcc578432086842f21" is for mesh connectivity.
    This is enabled when you turn off "Extended SSID" setting under configuration-System-show adv setting
    if you don't need mesh networking, you can enable "Extended SSID" setting

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: How to remove a Mesh portal?

Posted Oct 22, 2021 05:15 AM
    Thank you Ariyap!!

Michele Romano