Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 minutes ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

restoring flash backup from USB on an MM 8.3.0.9 code on the mm

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  restoring flash backup from USB on an MM 8.3.0.9 code on the mm

Posted 29 days ago
    I have an MM that had a hardware failure.  I have an RMA box that is now installed and is running 8.3.0.9 code.   I have a flash backup on a usb stick in the usb port of the mm along with the 8.6.0.8 code that I need it to run.   Is there documentation somewhere that will show me how do do the restore from the CLI?   I have a console connection to the MM but do not have any network connectivity.

thanks.

------------------------------
    Dave Abels

• 2.  RE: restoring flash backup from USB on an MM 8.3.0.9 code on the mm

Posted 28 days ago
    Try this:  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00107753en_us

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: restoring flash backup from USB on an MM 8.3.0.9 code on the mm

Posted 28 days ago
    Colin,  thank you for that document.  I was able to get a TAC engineer on the line to help out.  One note for future is that the hardware MM (MCR now ?) does not support the usb drive so you have to connect up the network interface to get code or the flash backup to it.

This document does give a good example for the rma of the L2 connected boxes I could have used, so thank you.