Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MC7210 Uplink unstable after upgrade to 8.6.0.15

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  MC7210 Uplink unstable after upgrade to 8.6.0.15

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 12:47 PM
    Hi Airheads,

My customer have two 7210_RW mobility controllers in a L2 cluster that's managed by a Mobility Conductor (Mobility Master whatever).
    Both MC7210 controllers are geographical split over two datacenters with a layer 2 connection in between.

After upgrade from 8.6.0.13 to 8.6.0.15 we experience that the uplink interface is unstable an go down/up a couple of times a day. This happen on both controllers,  at different time windows,  since we do the upgrade to 8.6.0.15.

The interface 0/0/0  is configured with port-channel 0, the port-channel currently exsist with one interface, it was intend to create redundancy when needed later on but they never did.

Off course will create a TAC case for this issue, but maybe some of you have the same experience with this firmware version?

Example of the port-channel configuration (nothing special):

interface gigabitethernet 0/0/0
    lacp group 0 mode active
    lacp timeout long

interface port-channel 0
    switchport mode trunk
    switchport trunk allowed vlan all
    switchport trunk native vlan xxx
    trusted
    trusted vlan 1-4094

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 2.  RE: MC7210 Uplink unstable after upgrade to 8.6.0.15

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 05:02 PM
    Did you type "show log network all" to see if you can get a clue why it goes up and down?
     show port link-event to see how many times each port went up or down.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: MC7210 Uplink unstable after upgrade to 8.6.0.15

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 01, 2021 06:16 AM
    Hi Collin,

I logged in the customer and found that both controllers are crashed/rebooted during the night at 30-11-2021 01:30am.
    Interval in both controllers is around 15minutes of the crashed.

Controller 1:

Switch uptime is 1 days 10 hours 13 minutes 52 seconds

Reboot Cause: Datapath timeout (Heartbeat Initiated) (Intent:cause:register 53:86:50:2)

Controller 2:

Switch uptime is 1 days 10 hours 30 minutes 23 seconds

Reboot Cause: Datapath timeout (Heartbeat Initiated) (Intent:cause:register 53:86:50:2)

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 4.  RE: MC7210 Uplink unstable after upgrade to 8.6.0.15

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 01, 2021 07:09 AM
    Support is busy with analyzing the tar.logs. I found in the release notes a known issue in 8.6.0.15 that could be possible something to do with it.

AOS-203910 AOS-209692 - The stand-alone controllers running ArubaOS 8.6.0.3 or later versions crash and reboot unexpectedly. The log file lists the reason for the event as, Datapath timeout (Heartbeat Initiated) (Intent:cause:register 53:86:0:2c).

• 5.  RE: MC7210 Uplink unstable after upgrade to 8.6.0.15

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 01, 2021 06:49 PM
    TAC support confirms us that the controller crash is indeed caused by the Known Issue. They recommend us to update to AOS 8.7.1.3 where this is fixed. AOS 8.6.0.16 will come in Januari 2022 and will fix this.