Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running

Posted Jun 01, 2021 12:07 PM
    Hello,

I've googled around and looked through documentation, but haven't found this yet. It seems like it would be easy to do. Ok so here's my question:

I have a 7240xm controller managed by a virtual mobility master. Each flash partition has a different firmware version. I would like to switch from the current version it is running to the other version on the standby flash partition. How do I do this?

Also, it seems like you cannot have the same version flashed to both partitions? Is that right?

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  RE: 7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 01, 2021 12:32 PM
    You can use the command 'boot system partition [0 or 1]' to change the boot partition. Why do you need the same version loaded to each parition?

(Aruba7030) [mynode] #show image version

----------------------------------
    Partition : 0:0 (/dev/usb/flash1) **Default boot**
    Software Version : ArubaOS 8.6.0.4 (Digitally Signed SHA1/SHA256 - Production Build)
    Build number : 74969
    Label : 74969
    Built on : Thu Apr 2 19:01:11 UTC 2020
    ----------------------------------
    Partition : 0:1 (/dev/usb/flash2)
    Software Version : ArubaOS 8.7.0.0 (Digitally Signed SHA1/SHA256 - Production Build)
    Build number : 75915
    Label : 75915
    Built on : Wed Jun 17 23:12:58 UTC 2020

(Aruba7030) [mynode] #boot system partition 1

------------------------------
    Craig Syme
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running

Posted Jun 01, 2021 02:21 PM
    Thanks Craig, that did it for me. I was trying to do this through the mobility master, but this worked when I SSH'd directly to the controller itself.

New-turn up of a system. Was thinking it'd be good to have both at the same version initially, but its ok this way.

Thanks for your help!