Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running

Posted 20 days ago
    Hello,

I've googled around and looked through documentation, but haven't found this yet. It seems like it would be easy to do. Ok so here's my question:

I have a 7240xm controller managed by a virtual mobility master. Each flash partition has a different firmware version. I would like to switch from the current version it is running to the other version on the standby flash partition. How do I do this?

Also, it seems like you cannot have the same version flashed to both partitions? Is that right?

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  RE: 7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running
    Best Answer

Posted 20 days ago
    You can use the command 'boot system partition [0 or 1]' to change the boot partition. Why do you need the same version loaded to each parition?

(Aruba7030) [mynode] #show image version

----------------------------------
    Partition : 0:0 (/dev/usb/flash1) **Default boot**
    Software Version : ArubaOS 8.6.0.4 (Digitally Signed SHA1/SHA256 - Production Build)
    Build number : 74969
    Label : 74969
    Built on : Thu Apr 2 19:01:11 UTC 2020
    ----------------------------------
    Partition : 0:1 (/dev/usb/flash2)
    Software Version : ArubaOS 8.7.0.0 (Digitally Signed SHA1/SHA256 - Production Build)
    Build number : 75915
    Label : 75915
    Built on : Wed Jun 17 23:12:58 UTC 2020

(Aruba7030) [mynode] #boot system partition 1

------------------------------
    Craig Syme
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 7240xm controller - change which boot partition is running

Posted 20 days ago
    Thanks Craig, that did it for me. I was trying to do this through the mobility master, but this worked when I SSH'd directly to the controller itself.

New-turn up of a system. Was thinking it'd be good to have both at the same version initially, but its ok this way.

Thanks for your help!