Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

This thread has been viewed 50 times
  • 1.  Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

Posted Sep 28, 2021 12:08 PM
    Ive got a Mobility Conductor running v8.6 as well as all my Mobility Controllers.  I control access to the Mobility Conductor using radius.  I can get full admin access just fine with the default role set to root under managed network -> system -> admin -> admin auth options.  What I cant figure out however is how to grant read only access to the Mobility Conductor using radius.   Anyone know how to do this?  I do not want to use locally authenticated accounts.

------------------------------
    andre heyliger

• 2.  RE: Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2021 05:46 PM
    If you are using a Windows server, please take a look at this old document:  https://higherlogicdownload.s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/HPE/602ed1cb-5984-4169-afcd-6e99387da0bf_file.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAVRDO7IEREB57R7MT&Expires=1632869031&Signature=%2BAA5zeOcLFFPTUQSa%2Bn60FAqgDk%3D

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

Posted Sep 29, 2021 05:46 PM
      |   view attached
    Ok.  Read through the doc and it looks like Ive done that already.  I do use windows NPS (newer version of IAS) and can successfully login with root/admin access.  Anyone know if I can assign RO access to a radius user without making all users RO?  Ive attached a pic of the Mobility Conductor section where I can select root or RO.

andre heyliger

• 4.  RE: Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2021 07:57 PM
    You can.  A better article is here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=10129

Basically any value that you return in the "attribute value" field (root in the article) will override the default role.  So you would enter read-only into the attribute value field so that users who authenticate will obtain the read-only role.

(7200) #show mgmt-role

Management User Roles
    ---------------------
    ROLE DESCRIPTION
    ---- -----------
    root Super user role
    read-only Read only commands
    location-api-mgmt location-api-mgmt
    standard Standard role
    nbapi-mgmt nbapi-mgmt
    ap-provisioning ap-provisioning
    network-operations network-operations
    guest-provisioning guest-provisioning

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

Posted Sep 30, 2021 05:25 PM
    Ok thanks.  Ill give that a try.

andre heyliger

• 6.  RE: Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

Posted Nov 16, 2021 11:07 PM
    Thanks.  The article worked.  I was able to create roles and control access using groups/radius.  I only had issues with authentication methods but after some trial and error I was able to solve.

andre heyliger

• 7.  RE: Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

Posted Oct 04, 2021 12:14 PM
    Colin,
    Looks like the link to the old document has expired, but the document you mentioned sounds interesting. Would you send us an updated link?
    Thanks,
    Brad

Brad

• 8.  RE: Administrator roles in Mobiity Conductor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2021 12:51 PM
    @Brad,

I used this search engine link, because it seems not all content has been copied over to the new website:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acommunity.arubanetworks.com+Management+authentication+windows&rlz=1CAKDZI_enUS921&sxsrf=AOaemvJs4J3ChA1FOOmW124Q1Ps_oIRANA%3A1633366173730&ei=nTBbYaXZK4-0qtsPxsma6Ag&ved=0ahUKEwjlm8qUm7HzAhUPmmoFHcakBo0Q4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=site%3Acommunity.arubanetworks.com+Management+authentication+windows&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgAEEcQsANKBAhBGABQk1VY5Fpg711oAnACeACAAVSIAZoCkgEBNJgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz​