Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connect AP/switch through another AP

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Connect AP/switch through another AP

Posted 23 days ago
    I have a few AP-335s, an AP-215 and an AP-277 off of my 7010 controller. Due to the wiring available, I can get one AP-335 using PoE off the controller and working as expected but need to extend to another AP (and possibly a small switch). 

Is it possible to connect one AP through the unused ENET port on an AP-335? I'm thinking a PoE injector would be needed to power the AP. Is it possible to put a PoE switch off of the ENET port and then multiple devices can communicate?

I'm new to using the additional port on an AP-335. Where in the console/GUI would l look to enable those ports and configure them properly?

------------------------------
    Josh Mikow

• 2.  RE: Connect AP/switch through another AP

Posted 21 days ago
    That is unsupported,  unfortunately.

You can configure the second port of an AP using the method here:

Configuring Ethernet Ports for Secure Jack Operation
    Arubanetworks remove preview
    Configuring Ethernet Ports for Secure Jack Operation
    You can configure the EthernetEthernet is a network protocol for data transmission over LAN. port(s) on mesh nodes to operate in tunnel mode. Known as secure jack operation for mesh, this configuration allows EthernetEthernet is a network protocol for data transmission over LAN. frames coming into the specified wired interface to be GREGeneric Routing Encapsulation.
    View this on Arubanetworks >

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.