Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

CLI Remove VRRP

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  CLI Remove VRRP

Posted May 05, 2022 02:26 AM
    Hi.
    We have a issue after moving from 3, 7210 Mobility Controlers to 2, 7220 with the VRRP setup.

We found that the VRRP's from the old MC are still up and running, not visible in web GUI but in cli mode with "show vrrp" we can still see them and the IP's asigned are possible to ping.
    Is there a way to remove the 3 "orphan" VRRP's from cli ?

/Thanks in advance​

------------------------------
    Lee Armano

• 2.  RE: CLI Remove VRRP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2022 02:39 AM
    Is this an ArubaOS 8 deployment with an MM?  SSH into that local controller and type "show configuration effective detail" and see if you can see where it is configured.  If this controller is part of a cluster (VRRP 220 and above), it could be a VRRP that is created automatically because of that.  Removing it from the cluster would solve it.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: CLI Remove VRRP

Posted May 05, 2022 03:48 AM

Hello!

Yes this is a ArubaOS 8 with 2 MM.

If I  logon to one of the controlers with ssh and run "show vrrp" I get multiple response.

3 of them are the old ones and 2 are the new ones.

However if I run "show configuration effective detail | include vrrp"

I only get respone from the 2 active new VRRP's created.

How do I remove VRRP 220, 221, 222 that are old and pointing to wrong IP's ?

/Thanks

Lee Armano
    Nätverkstekniker
    274 80 Skurup
    Telefon: 0411-53 63 97
    lee.armano@skurup.se
    www.skurup.se

Information om hur vi hanterar dina personuppgifter

• 4.  RE: CLI Remove VRRP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2022 04:30 AM
    Those VRRPs 220 and above are automatically created when a controller joins a cluster to support COA during a failover.  Besides consuming ip addresses, the VRRP is harmless.  If you are set on removing it, see below:

During a maintenance window, ONLY:  To remove the VRRP, you would have to remove the controller from the cluster and then add it back without the VRRP parameters (Configuration> Services> Cluster).  Click on the cluster and click on the garbage can next to the controller.   Click on apply and then push changes.  You can add back the controller to the cluster and ensure that VRRP is not configured by leaving the VRRP ip to blank and the VRRP vlan to none:

By the way, adding and removing a controller from a cluster is something that you want to do off-hours in a maintenance window, because network traffic will be significantly slowed down and possibly interrupted.  Please open a technical support case if you do not feel comfortable doing this.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.