Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 501 Wireless Bridge stopped working?

• 1.  Aruba 501 Wireless Bridge stopped working?

Posted 20 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

One of my Aruba 501 Wireless Bridges abruptly stopped working.  Upon a power cycle, the power LED flashes once then turns off; while the ethernet and wifi LEDs stay on constantly.  Even holding the reset button for several seconds does absolutely nothing; as it does not go into its default factory reset.  The LEDS do not flash like they normally would.  Is there anything else I can try, or is it bricked?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba 501 Wireless Bridge stopped working?

Posted 20 days ago
    you can reach out to TAC or try to factory reset it. for this you can use paper clip which you can insert into Reset button hole.
    you need to press and hold it until the status LED flashes 3 times.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 501 Wireless Bridge stopped working?

Posted 19 days ago
    Thank You for the reply!  I did swap the power supply out, with the same result.  Now here is the odd thing, if I try a factory reset (with the paper clip trick), the LEDs do not flash, and nothing happens.  If i disconnect the ethernet cable, and perform a reset, the LEDs do flash, and it looks like the 501 boots.  But once I connect the ethernet back to set it up, it crashes again (web console unreachable, and all LEDs on solid like in picture).  Tried other cables, with same result.  Luckily, I have a backup 501 in its place, and it works flawlessly.

I will have to reach out to Aruba TAC

Thank You again!

Jon Dairo

• 4.  RE: Aruba 501 Wireless Bridge stopped working?

Posted 20 days ago
    It seems like you have another device. Did you try to swap the power supply to find out if the device or the power supply is defective?

If it is the device, and it worked for years and suddenly stopped, it's probably best to reach out to TAC as suggested if a factory-reset doesn't work.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 501 Wireless Bridge stopped working?

Posted 19 days ago
    Thank You for the reply!  I did swap the power supply out, with the same result.  Now here is the odd thing, if I try a factory reset (with the paper clip trick), the LEDs do not flash, and nothing happens.  If i disconnect the ethernet cable, and perform a reset, the LEDs do flash, and it looks like the 501 boots.  But once I connect the ethernet back to set it up, it crashes again (web console unreachable, and all LEDs on solid like in picture).  Tried other cables, with same result.  Luckily, I have a backup 501 in its place, and it works flawlessly.

I will have to reach out to Aruba TAC

Thank You again!

Jon Dairo