If someone knows if we can use Aruba WLC/AP without PEF license, could you let me know?
As much as I found in community, there was no clear answer about my question.
I'm afraid Aruba support is not strong in here Philippines. Hoping to get kind support from you...
Thank you and have a nice day!
* My conditions are as below.
1. I purchased below Aruba AP/WLC.
a. Aruba 7010 (RW) [JW678A] (x 1unit)
b. Aruba 7010 1Y FC NBD SVC [H3AN3E] (x 1license)
c. Aruba LIC-AP Controller per AP [JW472AAE] (x 19licenses)
d. Aruba 1Y FC 24x7 Ctrl perAP Cap ELTU SVC [H2YU3E] (x 19licenses)
e. Aruba AP-303 (RW) [JZ320A] (x 19units)
f. Aruba 1Y FC NBD Exch SVC [H9VR8E] (x 19licenses)
* Note: I didn't purchase PEF licenses
2. Requirements are as below.
a. Hoping to provide 2 SSIDs (Internal & Guest usage) to end-users.
* End-users will get IP by DHCP (WLC or Active Directory server)
* Thinking to Internal & Guest SSID are related with different VLANs
b. SSID shall be protected by WPA2-Personal
c. Setup shall be done by WLC for APs
d. There is no any other requirements
- Any VLAN can be adjusted at network side
- Any Role is ok to use if we can achieve above requirements of a, b and c
- Except for WPA2-Personal, there is no security requirements (No MAC auth, No ACL, Etc.)
3. I tried below activities.
a. Added AP and WLAN depending on below movie
* ArubaOS 8.2 Series Part 5 - Add AP and WLAN - YouTube
b. I tried all roles in below image one by one. About all rolls, setting wizard finished without any error.
c. Devices (e.g. PC) can also connect to AP with SSID & WPA2-Personal in that time (Default role was "authenticated" in that time). But the devices cannot connect to the Internet.
* It seems AP or WLC blocked connection of the devices to outside.
* Of course, wired network worked properly in that time (= Network & FW don't have problem).
d. When I tried to install PEF license as trial, the connection to the Internet started to work.
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.