Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant ON and Radius server

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Instant ON and Radius server

Posted May 27, 2021 09:32 AM
    Hi
    I'm planning to use Instant ON access points but just wonder if I can authenticate users using Active Directory and Radius server like I used to do with IAP? Any issues with this? I set many IAPs but don't have experience with Instant on - is any difference in terms of quality, performance, coverage, reliability between them?

------------------------------
    Piotr Kowalczyk

• 2.  RE: Instant ON and Radius server

Posted May 28, 2021 08:36 AM
    Please check the Aruba InstantON community for such questions. InstantON is a different product line with different features. As far as I know, it does support WPA2/3 Enterprise with a RADIUS server. Aruba Instant is an enterprise product, with many configuration options and flexibility, InstantON is more for small and medium businesses, and simpler, with fewer options. Both have different properties and deployment purposes. If you have a straightforward deployment, chances are that InstantON may be enough. I would qualify both as good quality. Performance would be more dependent on the AP type/scaling than on the difference Instant / InstantON. I have not heard reliability issues with Instant or InstantON.

If you are unsure, reach out to your Aruba partner to discuss your deployment and the features and support level you need.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Instant ON and Radius server

Posted May 28, 2021 09:44 AM
    Thank you Herman.

Piotr Kowalczyk