Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP vs Instant ON

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  Instant AP vs Instant ON

Posted Nov 26, 2020 07:42 PM
    Hello @ll

What would you guys recommend for home use.

Instant ON AP11D
    Instant AP like 303

Either will be terminated to my Juniper firewall, I'm hoping to deploy 2 units in mesh.

My requirements multiple wlans support with vlan tagging, and that's about it.

Which line is better when it comes to security updates, Im not going which one is more secure as I assume code is similar ?

Could please someone tell me part number for power supply for 11D thanks

Help is highly appreciated

------------------------------
    Max Unknowski

• 2.  RE: Instant AP vs Instant ON

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2020 04:57 AM
      |   view attached
    Based on those requirements, multiple SSID, VLAN tagging, mesh, the Aruba Instant On should work nicely and is more affordable and easier to order from a wide range of webshops for home-use. The management of Instant On is really simple with an app, the Aruba Instant APs on the other side have more features that you can control and configure so provides more flexibility (which you probably don't need for home or small office use).

For the power supply, check the data-sheet which has both bundles that include the power supply, as the part number if you want to order a separate power supply. As a suggestion, you could consider a PoE injector as well to have a single UTP network cable running from your switch to the AP and no need for a power outlet near your AP (but near your switch or the power injector).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    DS_AIO_AP11.pdf   1.27 MB 1 version