Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Spectrum Load Balancing in AOS 8.x ???

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Spectrum Load Balancing in AOS 8.x ???

Posted Nov 11, 2021 06:35 PM

Or…

Is it possible to create smaller RF neighborhoods in AOS 8.x & load balance clients, across channels, accordingly?

Slowly thinking my way through my 6.5.x > 8.5.x migrations….  Already encountered the unfortunate lack of Mode Aware in AirMatch.

Curious to know if Spectrum Load Balancing & SLB Domains are still supported in AOS 8.x to create smaller sub-RF Neighborhoods (think, lecture halls & auditoriums with more the 3 APs).

I would assume that this falls in ClientMatch's domain; however the SLB configs are still in the RF Profile - which means nothing since Mode Aware is also listed somewhere (I know that ARM is still employed in stand-alone nodes).

TIA

-Raf

------------------------------
    RafaelHinojosa

• 2.  RE: Spectrum Load Balancing in AOS 8.x ???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 11, 2021 08:27 PM
    Spectrum load balancing configuration is ignored by Airmatch.
    ARM Mode aware is also not adhered to by Airmatch.  Airmatch gets its configuration from the radio profile.  The ARM profile is ignored by Airmatch.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Spectrum Load Balancing in AOS 8.x ???

Posted Nov 11, 2021 09:23 PM

Thank you,

Yes, I've gathered that….  I believe the documentation states that legacy ARM is only used on stand-alone controllers, so the only way forwarded is to use AirMatch.

The question remains, Is it possible to configure smaller RF Neighborhoods (RF/SLB-Domains), so that ClientMatch (I'm assuming) can load balance clients in a specific room / area?

If not, what are the recommendations when migrating specific AP-groups with SLB & SLB domains specified?

What are differences between ClientMatch in AOS 8.x & 6.5 when you want to ensure clients are only balanced to the various channels in a defined room/area?

My guess is that AOS 8.x is simply better at everything, since besides the STM & insight / monitoring issues, no one else seems to saying anything negative regarding any RF oddities.

Thanks again,

-Raf

RafaelHinojosa