Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 7030 Controller ver8.8.0.1 crash problem

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Aruba 7030 Controller ver8.8.0.1 crash problem

Posted Dec 07, 2021 12:03 PM
    Hi all, 

I am facing one issue on my aruba 7030 controller running on version 8.8.0.1 with the reboot cause below.
    As per checked, I saw that the controller was crash and rebooted unexpectedly.

Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - dbstart_pgsql process died

Kindly need advice and assistance on this as I am not able to find any possible bug in the datasheet. 
    Thank you.

------------------------------
    Victor Lee

• 2.  RE: Aruba 7030 Controller ver8.8.0.1 crash problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2021 01:45 PM
    You should open a ticket with HPE technical support so that they can tell you if they have encountered your crash already or is it new.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 7030 Controller ver8.8.0.1 crash problem

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 07, 2021 05:23 PM
    Best to stay with the conservative release what is 8.6.0.15 at the moment. 8.8.x.x is a standard release and should you only run if there is an need for it (feature, hardware support, fixex, etc.

Side note:
    I got some reboot issue with 8.6.0.15 last week (7210 controllers) after a update which seems related to a known issue in the release notes. TAC Support recommend us to go the latest 8.7.1.x release that fix this issue or wait for the 8.6.x.x bugfix in januari 2022.

Tac also told us that is seems like 8.7.1.x is candidate to become the new conservative release somedays but there is no estimated date for it.

In your case i would recommend you to contact TAC support so they can assist you with the best solution in your situation.

---------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own
    ---------------------------------